Quantum Computing Focused 3D Heterogeneous Integration Engineer
Join the 3D Heterogeneous Integration team at imec’s R&D headquarters located in the heart of Europe and help in progressing the state of the art in Advanced Packaging with a focus on Quantum Computing device integration!
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
- You will be a member of imec’s 3D heterogeneous integration team. You will own and drive key activities and drive important deliverable schedules for our customers.
- Your mission as a Heterogeneous Integration Engineer will be to conceive, develop, and maintain the integration flows for unique heterogeneous solutions with a focus on 3D related platform integration for Quantum devices. You will work closely with Mask design, Characterization, and Process development engineers. Together you will employ integration strategies in the areas of CMOS Cu BEOL, hybrid Cu bonding, low temperature compatible solder based microbump bonding, Si wafer thinning, Temporary adhesive and dielectric fusion bonding, to build complex advance packaging solutions.
- You are responsible for implementing robust integration solutions, as well as building a deep understanding of mechanisms and process stability. You are responsible for coordinating yield learning and using data from reliability assessments, experiential learning, and electrical data analysis, to drive understanding and guarantee project success.
- You are responsible for a streamlined project execution with your keen focus to detail, and ability to interact with a diverse team of process engineers, process assistants, Electrical Test and Reliability engineers, as well as with external Suppliers and Customers.
- You will be communicating results to internal Stakeholders, including peers across imec teams/groups/business units, imec Customers, Core Partners, and the scientific community.
- You are inquisitive and stay current with the state of the art within your competence domain. You’re also confident, and comfortable with brainstorming and participating in collaborations across teams to drive the creation of intellectual property for imec.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
The ideal candidate has/is:
- Obtained a PhD, Masters degree, or equivalent industrial experience, with a focus on semiconductor process technology, packaging and/or advanced packaging technology, TSV technology, and semiconductor materials handling and characterization.
- 2+ years’ experience in semiconductor processing or integration. Industrial experience is a bonus.
- Experience in DOE and statistical analysis as well as electrical test data analysis.
- An enthusiastic team player, yet able to independently solve complex problems with limited supervision, in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment.
- Able to plan, drive and complete projects on schedule and with a focus on quality.
- Have excellent English communication skills and are willing to work in a multicultural environment.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.