Project Maintenance Engineer (English job description)
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
As a starting Project Maintenance Engineer in the FAB Engineering team, you will spend the first year mostly by getting to know the high-tech process equipment in our cleanroom thoroughly. Our teams maintains and optimizes the performance of the most advanced tools in the world, which imec uses to produce develop the next generation of chips. Sometimes, those machines are first versions or even prototypes. Sooner than expected, you will get a lot of autonomy to plan and execute your work. While growing in your role, you will work on increasingly challenging repairs and optimizations, and you will become a strong troubleshooter in complex escalations.
The FAB Engineering team, consisting of just over 100 employees, is a part of the beating heart of our research institute, which is specialized in nano-electronics that develops technological solutions for ICT, healthcare, and energy applications.
- You will be in charge of the preventive maintenance, and repair and optimization of the process equipment. In collaboration with the manufacturers you will set up improvement projects which you evaluate afterwards.
- You look for opportunities to improve the efficiency and reduce the cost of maintaining the machines, without impacting their quality and availability.
- You are a point of contact for technical questions about your process equipment, and you perform first analyses if necessary to answer those questions.
- You help to install new process equipment and make sure the technical warehouse has enough spare parts and consumable resources.
- With your knowledge of the process equipment, you will be able to help setting up new and refined processes for efficient chip production in the long term.
- For all the above, you collaborate closely with the engineers of the equipment manufacturers and with your fellow process engineers.
- You work in a shift system (alternating between an early/late shift and one weekend out of three).
You also have to know this: imec is an internationally pioneering R&D center. We collaborate with all the big electronics companies to find out how the chips of the future can be made. Key in this is our extremely advanced pilot production line for chips, which contains the process equipment you will work on. On this advanced equipment, we test our processes. Only if those processes work optimally and are stable, they will be transferred to the real chip factories.
What we do for you
A part of our application process is a cleanroom tour. After all, we can tell you a lot about the process, but exploring the working environment with one of our colleagues will probably be more appealing.
With your talent, passion, and expertise, this position puts you in a multicultural and high-tech company. We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In exchange, we will actively invest in your personal and professional growth, including through imec.academy – our own ‘university’. We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many benefits.
Who you are
You have a Master’s degree in Industrial Science (Electromechanics or mechanics) or equivalent through technical experience. We are looking for people with a first similar experience and motivated starters. You have a passion for advanced technology and equipment, with extensive technical knowledge of pneumatics, pumps, motors, electronics and (electro)mechanics. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get down to business. You are a team player, but you can also plan and organize your work autonomously and you like to take initiative. In our international environment, you feel at home and speak English and Dutch fluently
Your experience and background are important, but we find your potential and ambition to grow even more interesting. If you hesitate to apply because you don't meet all the criteria, remember that imec can help you grow in your role with our training.
#EquipmentEngineer #ElektromechanischIngenieur #FieldServiceEngineer #HardwareEngineer
Dutch vacancy of this position: Project Maintenance Engineer (NL) | Leuven MindGate
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.