Project Leader for Sensor & Actuator technologies
Manage multi-disciplinary projects across multiple teams
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
Imec’s Sensors and Actuators Technology department is developing novel process technologies, devices, circuits and solutions to enable new applications. In this growing R&D activity, we are currently looking for a project leader for our electronic integrated circuit and pixel design activities. The focus will be to define and manage multi-disciplinary projects.
The mission of imec’s pixel and system design research group is to enable novel applications using transducers, sensors and actuators built with both silicon and thin film technology. The team is working on the electrical design and characterization of the sensor and actuator arrays, its peripheral circuits as well as on system analysis.
In this role, your responsibilities are:
- You will manage multi-disciplinary projects across multiple teams including design, characterization, processing and application experts.
- You will be in direct contact with the client being responsible for all customer communication.
- You will define new project proposals and timelines starting from the first contact to the contract signature, ensuring close alignment with the technical teams.
- You will collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design and technology teams.
- You will guide and mentor the different project contributors towards successful delivery of the projects.
- You will be responsible for internal as well as external project reporting. You will identify, track, manage and communicate risks and issues with stakeholders and management.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
Your key expertise and experience:
- You have multiple years of experience in leading projects with a focus on IC design.
- You are independent and proactive.
- You can interact with a diverse team of technical experts.
Your further experience is appreciated:
- You have a degree in Electrical Engineering.
- You have experience with Sensor & Actuator technologies.
- You have experience in project writing.
- You are organized and you can structure a complex project.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You can work according to agreed customer timelines.
- You are result-driven and flexible to meet stringent deadlines with quality output.
The imec environment requires a good team player with customer-oriented communication and reporting skills.
Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.