Project coordinator: VLAIO project called "impaC³t" about collective neighborhood renovations (ref. BAP-2023-611)
We are looking for a project coordinator for the VLAIO-project called "impaC³t" .
The project is one of the selected projects under the VLAIO call Living Labs circular economy https://www.vlaio.be/nl/subsidies-financiering/living-labs-circulaire-economie/transitie-naar-circulaire- economie-door
Impac³t wants to test the practical application of circular building solutions in collective urban renewal projects in Ghent, Bruges and Tienen. The proposed Living Lab (LL) will broaden and deepen existing strategies and solutions on circularity to urban renewal at neighbourhood level, accelerating the renovation wave (2050) of the existing patrimony in a future-proof and circular way. The LL is intended for (and with participation of) a diversity of target groups, from the most vulnerable to the strongest shoulders.
The impaC³t project will renovate a number of building blocks in at least one neighbourhood in Ghent, Bruges and Landen through a collective approach.
The project will develop a decision-making framework for applying circular solutions in collective renovations. It will do so through co-creation with relevant quintuple helix stakeholders and a mix of target groups including both private owner-occupiers, owner-occupiers, landlords, property developers, autonomous municipal urban development companies, and housing companies. The project will maximise complementarity between technical, economic, financial and legal solutions to boost circular economy in collective urban renewal projects.
KU Leuven: Faculty of Industrial Engineering, Ghent Campus, Research Group Building Physics and Sustainable Construction
To develop a decision-making framework for the application of circular solutions in collective renovations that considers the following aspects:
- circular building models
- use of existing circular tools that could be integrated in the decision-making process (on a place-based initiative)
- management and measurement of social impacts.
To provide support:
- to the local authorities Ghent, Bruges and Tienen/Landen and the relevant social housing companies through the development and testing of the decision-making framework,
- to the research team in organizing co-creation workshops.
- You have a master's degree or PhD in (industrial) engineering sciences and/or architecture and/or urban and spatial planning (PhD is compulsory in case you are interested in a position of Postdoctoral Researcher);
- As the employment should start as soon as possible, in the case of non-EU candidates, holding a work permit may be an asset.
- You have relevant theoretical and/or practical experience in construction. Experience in urban planning may be an asset. Experience in public procurement would be an asset;
- You are English-speaking and have a good knowledge of Dutch;
- You have a fluent pen when writing academic papers, you succeed in presenting the project in a professional manner, you communicate fluently, derive satisfaction from working with people;
- You can bring your ideas convincingly and work independently;
- You are mobile and willing to travel in Flanders by public transport/bicycle, car,...;
- You are willing to support teaching activities;
- Appointment as BAP (Special Academic Personnel, scale 43) or Postdoctoral Assistant (scale 44).
- Appointment part-time (approx.70% or 80%) of fixed duration by KU Leuven until 31/12/2025.
- Start: to be determined immediately by mutual agreement.
- Seniority to be negotiated according to relevant experience to be demonstrated.
- A varied, exciting job in a dynamic team with a mix of social, technical, legal, economic and cultural challenges;
- Place of employment: Ghent Campus of KU Leuven.
VLAIO oproep Living labs circulaire economie
VLAIO project impaC³t
CBCI Een gebouw dat nieuwe gebouwen kan baren
More information can be obtained from arch. Alexis Versele, mobile: +32 495 28 80 00,mail: email@example.com or Prof. Dr Chiara Piccardo, tel: +32 9310 25 37, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be submitted through KU Leuven’s online platform with:
- curriculum vitae
- motivation letter
- relevant publications (if any)
- Up to three references to who we might ask a recommendation letter.
Apply as soon as possible. Do not wait to apply until the end of the publication date. If your application is withheld, you will be invited for an interview.
You can apply for this job no later than November 07, 2023 via the online application toolKU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.