Program Director/Manager - Product research and development for Specialty Integrated Circuits - PDT
Strengthen imec’s offering for niche Product development and production and to contribute to the strategy definition of the group.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
Imec’s “Product Design and Test” department designs and manufactures highly complex and challenging Integrated Circuits for specialized niche applications. We combine imec’s strong R&D capabilities in a.o. advanced circuit design and advanced wafer process technology and turn these into products for niche applications. Niche applications in the field of e.g. Life Sciences, Photonics, Sensors and Actuators. Examples are: CMOS Imagers, Specialty Detectors, Photonics, MEMS..
Check this link to learn about one example.
What you will do
As a program director/manager, you will have the opportunity to strengthen imec’s offering for niche product development and production and to contribute to the strategy definition of the group.
- You will manage a portfolio of projects that a team of project leaders brings from early technical feasibility study, over IC design, IC characterization to volume production and post delivery service. You will manage a set of projects for strategic partners of imec in need of products that are a unique and excellent combination of circuit design, wafer processing, product engineering, supply logistics.
- You will drive the projects for all the project management dimensions like a.o. (customer) communications, budget management, resource management and you will manage one or a few key strategic projects yourself.
- A strong technical experience in all aspects of mixed-signal IC development and manufacturing is necessary for setting up the projects and guiding these along the project life in an industry compatible way.
- In your role, you will coordinate multiple people and competences from as well groups inside imec as external partners of imec, both local and international.
What we do for youWe offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have 15+ years of experience in the semiconductor industry in the fields of integrated circuit research, design, characterization, industrialization and volume production.
- You have a solid understanding of project management practices and are disciplined in set-up and execution of the projects.
- You have good communication skills to interact with customers, internal and external partners, in house resource managers and technical experts.
- You are results and customer-oriented and are trusted as authority in the semiconductor domain to the customer.
- You are a strong team player who embraces respect, trust and transparency in working with people especially in your project teams.
- You know how to collect results from research topics and use these to define unique integrated circuit products that bring unique solutions.
- You cooperate with the technical experts and oversee that their work delivers breakthrough contributions to the projects.
- You have a strong drive to bring expert teams together to address technical challenges.
For more information on this open position, feel free to contact Albena Zabtcheva: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.