Program Coordinator of The Flanders Al Research Program
What you will do
As Program coordinator of the Flanders AI Research Program, you support the successful execution of the program.
You will work closely together with the program director, researchers and research leaders in the program. You will engage in the Flanders AI ecosystem with companies and organizations aiming for a successful adoption of AI.
The Flanders AI Research Program started mid 2019. The program is executed by ten consortium partners, including all Flemish universities and strategic research centers. Imec coordinates the program. The program brings together AI experts in Flanders in one demand-driven strategic basic AI research program. The research is executed by 100 PhD students and 50 other researchers, under supervision of 90 professors. The program renews its roadmap in 2024 with new research challenges and new use cases in healthcare, industry, society, energy and care for our planet. The responsible development and use of AI is a central research theme throughout the whole program. The Flanders AI Research Program is part of the Flanders AI Plan funded by the Flemish government, aiming at a successful adoption of AI in Flanders.
Your responsibilities include:
- Supporting the successful operational execution of the Flanders AI Research Program in close collaboration with the research leads of the consortium partners
- Starting up the execution of the renewed roadmap
- Following up on the execution of the research activities and the proofs-of-concept in the 20+ use cases
- Preparing program reviews in which you collect information from the researchers and report on the consolidated results.
- Fueling the one-program concept: Fueling the collaboration between the partners and researchers involved in the program, engaging the PhD students and other researchers in the program via events, collaboration platforms and internal information channels.
- Disseminating results of the program: Translating, together with the researchers and the communication team, the research results into appealing stories, both for AI-specialists as non-AI-specialists and organizing events with companies and other organisations.
- Interacting with companies and organisations in Flanders: next to disseminating results of the program, also capturing the AI needs of companies and organisations in Flanders and involving companies in the use cases of the program and in user groups.
- Interacting with AI programs outside Flanders, stimulating international contact, exchange and new collaborations.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You are fascinated about the contribution that AI can bring in a responsible way to societal and economical challenges.
- You preferably have an affinity with using advanced technologies in one or more of these application areas: healthcare, industry 4.0/5.0, energy transition, mobility, education.
- Your organizational and project management skills are on point. You are diligent in project follow-up and report-out.
- You are an all-rounder who can manage a wide variety of projects running at the same time.
- You foster collaboration and like to bring people together to collaborate, to discuss, to exchange experiences.
- You are proficient in managing relations across various stakeholders: AI experts and (technology) leaders in universities, research centers, companies and other organisations.
- You have a keen interest in research and driving technology to impact.
- You have a curious and critical mind that quickly understands new technologies and their value.
- You have strong English communication and presentation skills.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.