Process Integration Engineers TIP (Technology Integration & Prototyping)
SectorElectronics & Engineering
You will be responsible for development and characterization of new silicon technologies in the Life science and Sensor & Actuators area.
IMEC performs world-leading research in nano-electronics. Imec leverages its scientific knowledge with the innovative power of its global partnerships in ICT, healthcare and energy. Imec delivers industry-relevant technology solutions. In a unique high-tech environment, its international top talent is committed to providing the building blocks for a better life in a sustainable society. Imec is headquartered in Leuven (Belgium) and has offices in the Netherlands, Taiwan, US, China, Japan and India. Its staff of more than 5000 people from over 95 nationalities includes over 750 industrial residents and guest researchers.
IMEC Technology Integration and prototyping (TIP) department offers companies to develop and fabricate customized specialty microsystems that cannot be produced in standard CMOS technology. The basis of our CMORE fab is an advanced 0.13µm CMOS platform that runs a 24/7 operation. To do this, we have added platforms for processing of various CMOS imagers – hyperspectral, backside illuminated, embedded CCD-, MEMS and NEMS, photonics, and microfluidics chips. We are able to tune our technology to the demands of the customer and develop the technology flow for both prototypes and low-volume production.
The TIP department uses industry standard semiconductor wafer fabrication equipment to prototype innovative devices based on various technologies modules covering applications areas from Healthcare (implantable, genomics, diagnostics) to Sensors and Actuators :
- SiN and Si photonic
- Microfluidic on Si and glass
- MEMS devices
- Electrical Sensors based on standard Si technology but enabled by special metal materials
- 3D integration
What you will do
You will be working in IMEC’s Technology Integration and prototyping department (TIP) as a process integration engineer. You will be responsible for development and characterization of new silicon technologies in the Life science and Sensor & Actuators area. We have several open positions.
- You will define and pro-actively follow up process development and device lots
- You will support device, process and module optimization
- You will assist in troubleshooting and solving problems
- You will team up with other integration engineers to execute the project plan and are co-owner of the project targets
- You will interpret in-line data and defectivity monitoring information from patterned wafer inspection systems.
- You will lead projects and communicate and report to customers.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in chemistry, physics, electrical engineering or equivalents
- PhD or an equivalent experience post-graduation is a plus
- Experience in semiconductor process technology and wafer fabrication is an asset
- You can work in a fast-paced setting, multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- You can take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team acting as an effective team player.
- You have good communication, computer- and organizational skills.
- Experience in project management would be an asset.
- You are comfortable handling and analyzing data.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and customers, fluency in English is essential.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.