process integration engineer
Interested to be part of a team that manufactures and delivers low volumes of high value niche devices to our customers for various applications ?
SectorElectronics & Engineering
IMEC performs world-leading research in nano-electronics. Imec leverages its scientific knowledge with the innovative power of its global partnerships in ICT, healthcare and energy. Imec delivers industry-relevant technology solutions. In a unique high-tech environment, its international top talent is committed to providing the building blocks for a better life in a sustainable society. Imec is headquartered in Leuven (Belgium) and has offices in the Netherlands, Taiwan, US, China, Japan and India. Its staff of more than 2350 people includes over 750 industrial residents and guest researchers.
IMEC Specialty Components and Platform Development (SCPD) unit offers companies to develop and fabricate customized specialty microsystems that cannot be produced in standard CMOS technology. The basis of our 200 mm fab is an advanced 0.13µm CMOS platform that runs a 24/7 operation. To do this, we have added platforms for processing of various CMOS imagers – hyperspectral, backside illuminated, embedded CCD-, MEMS and NEMS, photonics, and microfluidics chips. We are able to tune our technology to the demands of the customer and develop the technology flow for both prototypes and low-volume production.
The Product Industrialisation and Management Team (PIM) is part of the Process Industrialisation and Delivery (PID) department. The PID department uses industry standard semiconductor wafer fabrication equipment to produce low volumes of high value niche devices for use in diverse fields and applications:
SiN and Si photonic devices for telecom providers (Optical transceivers)
Optical devices for use in life sciences (Sequencing DNA, Detecting viruses and diseases)
Nano-probes (For detection of electrical brain activity)
Sensors for industrial purposes (EUV sensors, Electron detectors for use in SEM and TEMS)
Production of tooling wafers and advanced test materials for equipment vendors.
What you will do
You will be working in IMEC’s Product Industrialisation and Management Team (PIM) as process integration engineer.
You will be responsible for the manufacturing and delivery of compliant sensors and detectors to our customers.
- Timely delivery of compliant sensors and detectors to the customer
- You will define and pro-actively follow up product lots and engineering lots
- You will support device, process and module optimisation
- You will assist in troubleshooting and solving problems
- You will team up with other integration engineers to execute the project plan and are co-owner of the project targets
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in chemistry, physics or electrical engineering.
- Experience in semiconductor process technology and wafer fabrication is an asset but young graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- You can work in a fast-paced setting, multi-task and prioritize assignments
- You can take initiative and work without supervision, while being part of a team acting as an effective team player.
- You have good communication, computer- and organizational skills
- You take responsibility and ownership
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and customers, fluency in English is essential.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.