Process integration engineer
Come join us as a #photonics process integration engineer to translate abstract concepts to real products in market.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
- Conceptualize & implement semiconductor process flows to prototype new semiconductor devices/concepts
- Execute process experiments to develop new process steps, modules, follow up lots to achieve functional prototypes
- Coordinate process unit and process module development working closely unit with the process development engineers
- Design statistical experiments and analyse in line / end of line metrology and characterization data to select optimal process steps and conditions
- Interpret electrical/optical characterization and reliability data and use it for continual process improvements.
- Work according to agreed customer timelines and keep track and report on project progress internally and to the customers
- Manage time effectively and prioritize to achieve major milestones
- Communicate and interact effectively with the other groups within imec, eg. application groups and fab operations.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree (or Masters with 3+ years of experience) in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Engineering, or a related technical field
- You have experience or a understanding of semiconductor process technology and process flow integration in R&D context. An understanding of Si photonics process &/or devices is a plus.
- You have a good understanding of / experience in non-CMOS technologies, such as photonics or MEMS/Microfluidics
- You show excellent communication and reporting skills as you will be required to interface with internal and external customers
- You can take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team.
- You show proven problem-solving skills and have a pro- active attitude
- You can critically evaluate data and is data driven in your decision making.
- You show a hand- on approach with excellent engineering skills and a personal drive to achieve project goals
- You show perseverance and assertive communication skills, while keeping a constructive attitude
- You have good organizational skills and show flexibility to change between different projects and tasks according to changing priorities
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.