Process Engineer Wafer Bonding & Assembly
The Process Engineer Wafer Bonding & Assembly ensures that the tools used inimec’sLife Sciences, MEMS, 3D, Logic and Memory teamsare running smoothly and efficiently.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
You will be a member of the Wafer bonding and Assembly Engineering team. This team is responsible for in-line processes and tools which are used in CMORE (Life science, MEMS, actuators, sensors ...) and Core (3D, Logic, Memory...).
You ensure that the tools are running smooth, efficient, with maximum availability for (pilot) production.
You work in a dynamic multidisciplinary and multicultural environment in close cooperation with researchers, process and hardware engineers, operations, industry assignees, device and process experts.
You are responsible for the installation and qualification of new tools and hereby, you provide the necessary information to all parties involved. You are responsible for giving feedback about possible problems, writing of work agreements, quality testing, procedures and reports.
You lead meetings, escalations and propose solutions.
As Wafer Bonding & Assembly Engineer you work in shifts (early/late).
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness, and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process, not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You obtained a Master in Science or Engineering or equal by experience and display strong engineering skills and mindset.
- You can work autonomously with good hands-on skills in a clean room environment, well organized, with a good attention to detail and set high standards for quality.
- You have a strong analytical skill, interest in how things are measured, how data is interpreted and how data can be used to ensure high quality results are achieved.
- Experience in assembly and semiconductor background
- You are able to work within cross disciplined technical teams.
- Given the international character of imec, fluency in English is a must.
- You are an enthusiastic and motivated team player with good communication and reporting skills.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.