Process Engineer Epitaxy
The process engineer will support the development of epitaxial growth processes in the fields of CFET, Silicon photonics, Advanced RF and Technology transfers.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
You will be a member of the epitaxy research group, which is responsible for the R&D of deposition processes of different semiconductors. This research is organized in close collaboration with imec’s integration departments to develop advanced device concepts for the future. You will work in a cross-functional team of about 20 people with whom you interact frequently. As part of a dynamic multidisciplinary and multicultural environment, you will interact with various researchers, process and hardware engineers, technicians, industrial assignees, and device experts to drive imec’s research.
As a process engineer, your key responsibility is the development and optimisation of epitaxial growth processes in the fields of SiGe alloys and III-V compound semiconductors.
More specifically, you will:
- Define, organize/execute, and validate epitaxial growth processes using vapour phase deposition in close collaboration with your colleagues,
- Carry out structural, optical, and electrical characterization techniques on grown structures,
- Correlate your applied growth conditions with your characterization results to optimize and improve further deposition processes,
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the chemical and physical process as you evolve to an epitaxy specialist,
- Report and discuss your results at team and program meetings to actively contribute to the research programs and joint development projects with external partners,
- Occasionally transfer the optimised processes to the engineering support and operational teams (“line releases”) or to our industrial partners (“tech transfers”). This includes documenting the processes, giving classroom and field trainings, and supporting the engineering support or industrial partners during their initial ramp up phase.
A significant part of your practical work will be in the laboratories and cleanrooms. You will be coached on-the-job by senior scientists.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master of Science or Engineering in the fields of Industrial Engineering, Engineering Physics, Material Science or similar.
- Hands-on experience in a deposition method (like CVD, MOVPE, MBE, ...) or with different characterisation techniques of semiconductor materials is preferable.
- You are an enthusiastic and creative team player with strong communication and reporting skills who likes to work in a multicultural team of researchers, PhD students and technicians.
- You are working autonomously, well-organized, with a good attention to details and you set high standards in everything you do.
- You are excited about new technologies and eager to extend your knowledge, competences, and skills.
- You are interested in working hands-on in a laboratory/cleanroom environment.
- Given the international character of imec, good knowledge of (spoken and written) English is a must.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.