Process Assistant Thin Film Devices
Operate lab equipment and learn new cleanroom processing steps
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
Imec’s Sensors and Actuators Technologies department is developing electronics on various substrates for integration into tomorrow’s displays, imagers and biomedical applications. In this growing R&D activity, we are currently looking for a process assistant to support our thin film device developments. He/she will actively participate in the processing of novel thin-film photodetectors. For this task, we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person with good technical skills to operate lab equipment and to learn new cleanroom processing steps.Your responsibilities will include:
- Follow-up of process runs under the supervision of the responsible project manager or scientist
- Deposition of thin films from solution and vacuum, used in tools like spin-coating, physical or chemical vapor deposition and atomic-layer deposition
- Physical and optical characterization of the deposited layers and realized devices
- Documentation and report of the acquired results
- Suggest and deliver improvements to the process
- Regular reporting in a consistent and rigorous way.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in physics, chemistry, electrical engineering, material engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with deposition of thin films from solution and vacuum, used in tools like spin-coating, glove boxes, physical or chemical vapor deposition and atomic-layer deposition – a must
- Experience with nanoparticles thin film depositions - a major plus.
- Experience with optical, spectral and force microscopy methods – a plus
- Experience in cleanroom environment – a plus
- Experience with photolithography and etch processes – a plus
- You are able to document and report your results in a clear and concise manner
- You are flexible to accept new tasks in the future, and to evolve together with the changing R&D demands of our high-tech environment
- Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.