Principal scientist flat panel display technologies
Be the link between the next generation process development in our imec facilities, flat panel display makers and imec customers for applications based on (for example) ultrasound (US), microfluidics and photonics.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
lmec’s Sensors and Actuators Technology department is developing novel process, device and circuit technologies and solutions to enable new applications in a wide array of markets. In this growing R&D activity, we are currently looking for a principal scientist to strengthen our sensor and actuator on glass plate activities. He/she will be the link between the next generation process development in our imec facilities, flat panel display makers and imec customers for applications based on (for example) ultrasound (US), microfluidics and photonics. As an example, read about haptic technology based on our ultrasound transducer technology platforms. Your responsibilities will include:
- Technical lead in discussions with foundries: set-up strategic collaborations and define collaborative roadmaps
- Technical contact towards imec customers: translate application requirements to device specifications and process flows
- Identify gaps between customer requirements and options available at foundries, and prepare technical plans on how to close these gaps in close collaboration with process and device experts at imec
- Support in the definition and execution of projects with customers as well as public funded projects
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You are a self-motivated scientist, who seizes opportunities and is enthused by new challenges. You benchmark your results with state of the art and explore new methodologies that go beyond today’s solutions.
- To qualify for this challenging, yet exciting position, you:
- Have a PhD degree (minimum a Master’s degree) or equivalent experience in Electronics Engineering or Nano-science/nano-technology
- Have extensive knowledge of thin film devices
- Have experience in a flat-panel display foundry environment
- Have experience in project writing. You are organized and you can structure a complex project
- Have excellent communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external customers
- Can work according to agreed customer timelines and manage time efficiently according to project schedules
- Take initiative and work on your own, while being part of a team.
- Are result-driven and flexible to meet stringent deadlines with quality output
- Enjoy working in multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural teams
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.