Power and Signal Integrity Engineer 3D Technologies
Investigate different 3D technology flavors and the opportunities they provide on enhancing the power delivery and high-speed chip-to-chip communications
What you will do
Integrated chip stacking with high-density vertical interconnects, also referred to as “3D” (or “2.5D”) technology, has emerged as a powerful method to enhance system functionality and extend Moore’s law. Evaluating the potential offered by 3D technologies on the design and implementation of power delivery networks and high-speed links in next generation high performance systems is the main scope of this position.
We are looking for an energetic and motivated engineer who will be excited to take over the challenge and work on technologies that will be applied in products coming to the market in the next 5-10 years. Working together with system-level engineers and processing experts, your role is to investigate different 3D technology flavors and the opportunities they provide on enhancing the power delivery and high-speed chip-to-chip communications.
You will focus on:
- Building equivalent models of power-distribution networks incorporating innovative passive and active components developed by the 3D technologies at imec
- RF modeling and analysis of high-speed links considering different chip assembly technologies.
- Contribute to the design of custom 3D test vehicles to experimentally study the performance of 3D components and validate your models.
- Performing test site characterization and data analysis.
- Analyzing test results and communicate learnings to internal technology developers, imec’s partners and external customers.
- Delivering models for designing high-speed systems with advanced packaging technology.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Electronics or Electrical engineering. Experience in design, simulation, and characterization of passive networks, including modeling and parameters extraction is required.
- Working experience with RF analysis and simulation tools (HFSS / ADS or equivalent) is a strong asset.
- You are a communicative team player, still you are able to work without supervision.
- You have good documentation, communication and presentation skills.
- You like taking initiative; you are persuasive and self-assured, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, good knowledge of English is a must.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.