Postdoctoral Researcher UVC photonic integrated circuits for sensing of biomolecules
The primary objective of the project is to develop a new photonic integrated platform for on-chip biological sensing in the UVC range, in a way that is compatible with a CMOS-foundry and relevant for healthcare applications.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
- Coordinate the launch a new photonic integrated platform for UVC light.
- Design UVC integrated photonic circuits for biomolecular sensing and quantum computing applications.
- Investigate UVC optical losses in different waveguide materials that are compatible with a CMOS-foundry.
- Contribute in supervising PhD students and writing research proposals.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in photonics engineering, in engineering physics or in physics.
- You have a strong background in photonics or in optical spectroscopy.
- Your have experience with simulation tools such as Lumerical and Comsol and with mask design software.
- You have good organizational, writing and communication skills.
Because of the specific financing statute which targets international mobility for postdocs, only candidates who did not stay or work/study in Belgium for more than 24 months in the past 3 years can be considered for the position (short stays such as holiday, participation in conferences, etc. are not taken into account).
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.