Postdoctoral researcher solid-state lithium batteries with a nanocomposite solid electrolyte
Development and optimization of solid-state lithium batteries and nanocomposite solid electrolytes
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
The electrochemical storage team at imec is taking up the challenge to realize Li-metal solid-state batteries. These batteries will be able to deliver the high energy density, fast charging and long lifetimes desired by industry and their customers, from car manufacturers to consumer electronics. We are expanding this R&D activity with a consortium of research partners (www.solidify-h2020.eu) and are looking for a motivated researcher to contribute to the project management and to the work on nanocomposite solid electrolytes. Together with you we want to further develop the latest generation of this nanocomposite electrolyte, further stretching and exploring its limits on ion transport and mechanical strength.Your main activities will take place in the imec labs at EnergyVille, Genk, where a fully equipped battery lab is at your disposal. You will also have access to the state-of-the-art nano-technology labs of imec in Leuven.
We expect from you as this postdoc researcher:
- Delivering inventive contributions to the development and optimization of solid-state lithium batteries and nanocomposite solid electrolytes
- Project management of these activities within imec, which includes follow-up and reporting of tasks
- Setting out the experimental plans to timely achieve the targets defined in the project
- Discussing and defending these experimental plans with other team members and scientific management
- Timely and accurately executing and analyzing of the experiments of these plans in collaboration with other team members, including researchers, PhD students and process assistants.
- Regular and effective reporting of the progress to the management of imec and of our partners
- Daily supervision of PhD, master, and intern students
- Ensuring good practice in the lab and setting up process and characterization protocols in your field of expertise
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Science or Science Engineering.
- You have experience with electrolytes and their electrochemical characterization; knowledge of ionic liquids and polymer electrolytes is a plus.
- You have preferably experience with sol-gel or self-assembly chemical processes
- You are knowledgeable of Li-ion batteries and preferably of solid-state batteries
- You are creative and like to think with a team to solve problems
- You have experience with management of research projects and can effectively summarize a project status
- You take initiative and can work on your own, while you keep on consulting and discussing with a team
- You can plan your work and that of your colleagues according to your deadlines and deliverables
- You are result-driven and can meet quality output with stringent deadlines
- You can guide and motivate team members in their work
- You have an impeccable knowledge of English, given the international character of imec and the Solidify project.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.