Drive imec’s offering for a portfolio of technologies in the automotive and related markets.
What you will do
In this job, you will be responsible to define and help realize imec’s strategy towards maximum impact for a portfolio of technologies and solutions in the Automotive and related domains. This portfolio pushes the boundaries of (mostly) sensor technologies and related computing architectures. The role spans the journey from market analysis, over requirement and roadmap definition, business plan creation to its realization by managing the selected investments. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Shape imec’s offering for this portfolio, driving research investments and solution roadmaps from market needs, in close collaboration with imec’s management, technology teams and your colleagues in the business development and field teams:Identify, assess, and synthesize market trends and gaps relevant towards imec’s automotive roadmap and offering definition.
Articulate USPs of imec technologies from an application perspective and how they fit in potential customers’ value chains.
Analyze competitive and intellectual property landscapes.
Assess financial impact and potential of proposed investments to support go/no-go decisions and prioritization.
Define business models and collaboration approaches bridging imec’s offering to the needs and capabilities of the customers. This may involve building partnerships with 3rd parties or spin-offs to turn imec’s technologies or solutions in actual products.
Validate the above and empathize with imec partners’ needs through effective Voice-of-Customer insight collection.
- Manage the investments towards new assets in the portfolio by taking up the business lead role for them:Develop, monitor and update the strategic vision and business case behind the investment decision.
Derive high-level specifications and plans coherent with the stated product-market fit and market timing
Monitor execution and market risks and help manage potential barriers such as IP situation and regulatory approvals
Sign off investment milestones and requests for specification changes in view of the (updated) business case.
Set release-to-market conditions and lead hand-over towards field and business development teams.
- Support the commercial phase for collaborations within the portfolio:Support field teams in customer discovery and strategy alignment efforts (incl. make-a-thons, brainstorming, workshops etc.)
Support business development teams towards the execution of the portfolio business plan (and to analyze deviations)
Evangelize the portfolio in relevant industry conferences, congresses, or customer meetings
Make portfolio offering and business case adjustments based on market feedback
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You hold a scientific degree (engineering, physics or information technology...) & and have a solid business background
- You have at least 10 years experience in a product marketing, strategy setting, business development or similar role in a high-tech environment and have a deep understanding of at least one key market segment relevant to imec’s automotive offering.
- You are multi-disciplinary, highly collaborative, passionate about technology and have entrepreneurial drive to get them adopted. Especially expertise in photonics, ultrasound, imaging technologies, machine learning or neuromorphic computing is a key asset for this role.
- You are familiar with business analytics, financial tools and innovation management best practices for product marketing.
- You are an analytical, strategic and inspirational multi-tasker yet decisive and able to set priorities when the facts are in.
- You are comfortable doing technical deep dives together with the technical teams or to refine market needs
- You have excellent communication skills (English) and ability to influence stakeholders (internal and external).
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.