PMO R&D Staff Member
As PMO R&D staff member, you will support project work by equipping the R&D organization with methodologies, standards and tools to enable project managers to better deliver projects
The PMO R&D team is responsible for the continuous improvement of the project and portfolio management (PPM) in the imec R&D organization.
The PMO supports project work by equipping the R&D organization with methodologies, standards and tools to enable project managers to better deliver projects. It increases the capability of the organization through good practices and acts as a central point of contact for project managers.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
The focus is on:
- Project infrastructure, including tools, standards, processes and guidelines
- Knowledge sharing via a community of practice for project and program managers
- Definition and execution of major improvement projects
As a member of this team :
- You identify and drive R&D operational improvement initiatives in the PPM area, scoping the full project lifecycle.
- You contribute on implementing and improving our overall project methodology in collaboration with stakeholders from different units, not limited to R&D.
- You are responsible for the execution of projects owned by the PMO R&D, starting with the introduction of the new PPM platform.
- You contribute to the training sessions for the project management audience.
- You contribute to the content of the PPM portal documentation.
- You drive, assist and serve the PM community.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have experience in project and change management in a R&D context.
- You understand the R&D language and technology development processes.
- You have knowledge on different project management methodologies, processes, and tools ranging from waterfall to agile.
- You are a problem solver with a strong focus on operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- You know the importance of data quality.
- You have a strong internal and external network.
- You can share your point of view in a convincing way, and you have strong presentation skills. You can communicate at different levels within the organization.
- You are positive, patient and persistent to get things done.
- You are familiar with business process management.
- You love change and managing change. You have a strong focus on user adoption.
- You love to collaborate with different disciplines, different teams and opinions.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.