Physical Design Specialist
Understanding the physical layout design flow, create scripts, and test design methodologies to support imec’ s tape-out activities.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
We are looking for an experienced engineer in custom physical design layout and verification. As a Physical Design Engineer, you understand the physical layout design flow, create scripts, and test design methodologies to support imec’ s tape-out activities across various R&D fields including advanced Logic, Memory design, 3D designs, and Quantum Computing
- You will be working in design and PDK team with a focus on custom design layout and verification to support imec design-to-tapeout business process.
- You will work in test chip layout design and verification with experience in Cadence virtuoso, LVS, Design rule (DR), and Design rule check (DRC) with CAD tools such as Mentor Calibre, Synopsys ICV etc. You will review imec’s physical verification system and work to improve this together with other team members.
- You will work on design automation to interpret, test and build design methodologies (e.g. PCELL generation in collaboration with physical designers using SKILL code) using a strong scripting skill to debug design automation flow.
- You will support imec tape-out activity by providing scripting skills (e.g. SKILL based codes for PCELL generation)
- You will support the PDK development by contributing to DRC, LVS and PEX decks
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits such as bike allowances, partner coaching, parental leave
Who you are
- We are looking for a candidate with a relevant industry experience in custom physical design layout, design verification, and design automation.
- We value your proactivity and unsupervised way of working.
- You have a great deal of experience in collaborative projects and your passion for problem solving drives you to successfully finishing them.
- We need your strong team working and English communication skills
- Custom layout experience in Cadence virtuoso is needed
- It is advantages to have experience with software development/programming in languages e.g. SKILL, Python
- You have worked with UNIX/Linux environments and scripting languages e.g. PERL or TCL
- You may know CMOS VLSI Design concepts, flows, and EDA tools.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.