Operations Engineer (M/F)
We are searching for an Operations Engineer (M/F) to strengthen our operations department team in Leuven. Our ideal candidate is a service and technical minded IT professional with some years of experience working in the software industry, mainly in support and service.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
eSATURNUS, founded in 2007, pioneered the use of network technology for life-critical imaging in digitally integrated operating rooms, hybrid operating rooms, and cathlabs. In 2016 eSATURNUS became ‘A SONY Group Company’ and has become at the center of SONY’s healthcare solutions business, working closely together with SONY’s R&D facilities in Tokyo for product development and with the international sales and after-sales organizations to expand the business globally. Our product NUCLeUS is used in hospitals, operating rooms, and ICU wards around the world and we continuously develop new features and tools that contribute to better healthcare through smart innovation.
We are searching for an Operations Engineer (M/F) to strengthen our operations department team in Leuven. Our ideal candidate is a service and technical minded IT professional with some years of experience working in the software industry, mainly in support and service. The operations engineer is a team player, customer and result oriented who enjoys technical challenges in an international and multicultural environment.
Roles and responsibilities:
- 2nd and 3rd line Support for installation, configuration, and project roll-out of NUCLeUS
- Support pre-sales and complex technical projects (Layout, network configurations, product testing and validating)
- Internal support and advice to R&D, QA and PO of new features, quality issues on the field
- Develop technical notes and documentation related to office and IT administration
- Development of bespoke and custom-made work (customizations, scripts, patches)
- Develop and create relevant notes for system-integrators and end-user manuals
- Monitor and manage internal IT software and hardware (servers, workstations, backups), internal network, firewall, VPN, Atlassian tools, Office 365, IT requests (configuration and problem solving)
- Organize, assist, and support in quality assurance and feature test plans improvement (QA)
- Assistance in the maintenance of various demo equipment and our showroom
Technical Skills requirements:
- Networking technology (switches, cabling)
- Networking protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, routing)
- Operating systems (Linux, Windows)
- Computer hardware
- Python (scripting) knowledge
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of virtualization technology (VMWare, KVM, LXD)
- DICOM and HL7
- AV system knowledge
Soft Skills requirement:
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sense of responsibility
- Team player
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Reporting, planning and organization
- Quality orientation
- Stress resistance
The Operations Engineer reports to the Operations Manager.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.