R&D Engineer Optical Proximity Correction
We are looking for an experienced optical proximity correction (OPC) engineer to support imec’s research, tape-out and automation activities
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
We are looking for an experienced optical proximity correction (OPC) engineer to support imec’s research, tape-out and automation activities. Our team covers a wide range of technologies including 193i lithography, EUV and high NA EUV to support advanced logic, memory, photonics and patterning programs. In addition, the engineer will tackle future resolution enhancement technologies such as EUV stochastic modeling, inverse lithography technology (ILT), etc.
- You will be working in the OPC team which is part of the design, OPC and tapeout (DOT) department.
- You will support imec tapeout activities, which includes SMO, OPC modeling and OPC for hardware exercise, which requires hand-on OPC run.
- You will work for OPC automation for faster turn-around-time (TAT).
- You will be responsible for
- Providing the optimal RET solutions across multiple projects
- Evaluating OPC requests by communicating with imec patterning and integration teams
- Size the necessary resource, milestone, and near/long-term plan
- You will work for R&D projects within imec research echo-system by
- Communicating with imec partners (internal and external) to define, plan, and execute technical projects
- Develop OPC-relevant R&D projects, and report results internally and externally (including imec partners & international conferences)
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You hold a PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- You have at least 3 years of OPC resolution enhancement technology experience, using Mentor Graphics, Brion or Synopsys OPC software.
- You have worked with UNIX/Linux environments and skilled in scripting languages e.g. Bash, TCL, ...
- You are fluent in English and have good reporting/communication skills.
- You are a constructive team player and have an inquisitive mind.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.