Technology-driven System Architecture: Performance Modelling and Simulation Engineer
System architecture evaluation with respect to advanced technology and device roadmap: system technology co-optimization (STCO)
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
As a system simulation engineer, you interact closely with device experts, technology experts, circuit as well as major foundry, fabless and EDA partners in imec’s eco-system. This is an exciting opportunity to help drive imec’s architecture and technology roadmap to model and simulate the components for systems of the near and far away future, adhering to our System Technology Co-Optimization (STCO) roadmap.
- Develop an architectural/performance modelling and simulation framework for compute and memory sub-systems (cache/main memory/storage) of a SoC. Create and manage software frameworks that are used in these simulations.
- Evaluate the impact of partitioning, device, technology on SoC design, by leveraging hybrid integration solutions to scale specific parts of an SoC more efficiently. Explore dedicated AI systems which will drive emerging memory and technology benchmarking against state-of-the-art solutions and 3D design roadmap.
- Developing an understanding of applications meant for domain-specific/general-purpose computing and analyze relevant workloads, identify bottlenecks or acceleration opportunities.
- Developing and managing internal software frameworks, repositories and programs. This also involves maintaining, releasing, documenting and improving existing software by collaborating with partner universities on new features, and testing and evaluating new tools from the community.
- Keeping up to date on recent developments in the field. You do this by studying literature and interacting with your colleagues.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- The ideal candidate has a PhD in Computer Science, Electronics, or a masters with at least 3 years relevant industrial experience in Machine learning algorithms, microarchitecture, workload characterization and system performance.
- You have software development experience writing high-quality, tested code, preferably in python, C and C++.
- You have a good working knowledge of computer architecture simulation tools like gem5.
- You have a knowledge of application driven performance analysis, hardware-software interaction at the OS level.
- Knowledge on Machine learning, domain-specific application and algorithms is appreciated.
- You have the ambition to drive future technology, proposing innovative ideas and funneling the work on circuit and system-level validation.
- You have a critical mindset, eager to explore new challenges in future and evolve together with changing R&D demands.
- You thrive in an open collaborative working culture that provides an opportunity to impact products and roadmaps with your ideas/prototypes/empirical analysis.
- You are a constructive team player and actively share experience and knowledge with colleagues.
- Your networking skills, creativity, persistence, and passion for what you do are highly valued.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.