Microfluidics Designer Life Science Technologies
We are looking for an engineer with a strong technical background in the field of microfluidics with experience in microfluidic design and simulations for life sciences application. We are looking for a highly motivated and creative colleague to work on next-generation technologies for life science applications.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
- Design novel microfluidic devices for life sciences applications.
- Perform simulation, modeling and analytical evaluation of device performance using tools such as COMSOL, ANSYS, Matlab or other equivalent software packages.
- Evaluate device robustness and design fault-tolerant microfluidic systems.
- Work according to agreed customer timelines and report on progress internally and to customers.
- Manage time effectively according to project schedules.
- Quickly adapt to new project requirements.
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of engineers and biologists.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, applied physics or other equivalent discipline with strong experience in microfluidic device design for life science applications. Candidates with a Master’s degree and relevant experience will also be considered. Industry experience is a plus.
- It is essential that you have strong reasoning skills and can analyze microfluidic systems using both analytical and numerical methods
- You are very experienced with ANSYS, COMSOL, or other equivalent tools for numerical modeling
- You are very familiar with microfluidics products and existing device solutions
- You have experience working in a research or development environment with an interdisciplinary team
- You are a team player.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.