Microfluidic Engineer Life Science Technologies
Testing the functionality of microfluidic devices for life science applications, including fluidic testing, chemical functionalization, and biological assays.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
As hands-on experimentalist with experience in microfluidics device testing you will:
- Test the functionality of microfluidic devices for life science applications, including fluidic testing, chemical functionalization, and biological assays
- Analyse, interpret, and report experimental data to the project team.
- Perform fast microfluidic prototyping by 3D printing, laser cutting, PDMS moulding, etc.
- Keep agreed customer timelines for multiple projects in mind and report on progress internally and to customers.
- Work in close collaboration with an interdisciplinary team of physicists, engineers, and biologists.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We welcome profiles with at least a master’s degree in (bio)chemistry, mechanical engineering or similar by experience), combining this with experience with microfluidics device testing.
- It is crucial that you have hands-on experience doing microfluidic measurements.
- You find energy in working in a lab environment on a daily basis.
- You are a team player with experience working in an interdisciplinary team.
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.