Microfluidic-electro researcher for life science technologies
Contributing to concept formulations for novel devices for our life science application demands
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
We are looking for a scientist/engineer with knowledge of microfluidic devices with electric field actuation. You will:
- Contribute to concept formulations for novel devices for the life science application demands, with your extensive knowledge in electrical and electronic devices applied to microfluidics.
- Design device measurement schemes and perform multidisciplinary measurements to test the functionality of microfluidic devices for certain assays.
- Perform analytical calculations and multidisciplinary simulations to evaluate concepts of devices and systems and perform the device design accordingly.
- Work effectively in simultaneous projects, adapting to new projects, following timelines agreed with customers and report the results internally and externally.
- Work closely and communicate with an interdisciplinary team of physicists, engineers, and biologist.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
Who you are
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
- You have a PhD degree in electric engineer or similar fields, or equivalent experience,
- You have solid theoretical understanding of the physics involved in electric actuation.
- You have practical experience with devices using those techniques.
- You are skilled in modelling and simulation, such as COMSOL or ANSYS.
- You are a team player.
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.