MEMS Design Engineer
Design novel MEMS system in existing technologies and technologies under development
LanguageNederlands - English
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
You will be active in the development of novel MEMS devices based on existing technologies and technologies under development. You will participate on the selection and/or refinement of MEMS device manufacturing processes, in collaboration with fabrication process engineers. To validate and improve MEMS device models you will closely collaborate with the MEMS characterization team to define measurement protocols. More specifically, the team is working on new MEMS ultrasound transducers, on novel acousto-optical sensors, and on traditional MEMS sensors and actuators (such as gyroscope and accelerometer).
In this role your responsibilities are:
- Design, simulate and optimize MEMS devices.
- Bring together application requirements, fabrication process constraints, and characterization methods.
- Maintain a high standard of literature knowledge to support the design and characterization activities.
- Write technical reports and communicate with the team and project stakeholders.
- Work together in project teams to define and execute projects according to expectations.
- Communicate with customers on technical progress and direction of a project.
- Support Business Development by contributing to new project proposals.
- You will collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design and technology teams.
- Publish your results in high-impact journals and conferences.
- Innovate in the domain of Sensors & Actuators, create patent applications for those innovations.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/car...;and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- PhD degree in Physics, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or several years of relevant experience in the MEMS industry.
- Experience with the design and characterization of MEMS devices.
- Strong background in physical modelling (static and dynamic mechanics, electrostatics, piezoelectricity, thermodynamics, acoustics, materials, etc.).
- Experience with FEM modelling and simulation software (COMSOL, ANSYS, Coventor, etc.).
- Experience with ultrasound acoustic transducer and array simulations (Rayleigh integral, Field II, k-Wave, etc.).
- Experience using MATLAB/Simulink or Python.
- Experience with photonics is a plus.
- Experience with EDA tools (Cadence, KLayout) is a plus.
The imec environment requires a good team player with customer-oriented communication and reporting skills. Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.