Machine learning performance scaling researcher
Optimize machine learning algorithms to scale beyond what is possible today
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained a Master degree or PhD degree in Computer Science or Computer engineering, with experience in machine learning.
- You have experience in training of large machine learning models in a computational graph framework like pytorch, tensorflow or jax.
- You have good understanding of state-of-the-art machine learning models and techniques
- You have experience in creating improvements in machine learning algorithms to not only make them more effective (e.g. higher accuracy), but also more efficient (e.g. less training time, less energy usage) or more scalable (e.g. solving larger problems with less overhead)
- You have knowledge of distributed machine learning systems and the trends in their hardware architectures
- Experience with analyzing performance or energy use of machine learning algorithms on hardware is preferred.
Next to domain experience, we are looking for the following elements of behavior:
- You are able to determine the right tools for the job and can quickly embrace new technological paradigms (languages, libraries, architectures …)
- You like getting hands-on with the problem
- You love taking on large challenges and are highly result driven.
- You can update the team on progress of tasks, seek feedback and are an effective collaborator to your colleagues.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.