Legal Counsel R&D and Business Contracts
As a legal specialist in contract drafting and negotiating, you support the imec group to make sure that imec’s growth is duly protected by concluding solid agreements.
LanguageNederlands - English
What you will do
- Providing legal advice and drafting and reviewing a wide range of sales/R&D contracts with partners worldwide, (e.g. collaboration agreements, program partnerships, license agreements, feasibility & development agreements, technology transfers, ...) while safeguarding imec’s rights and obligations. As imec performs activities in many different technical and scientific domains, one or more specific business lines will be assigned to you, where you will act as the main legal responsible and point-of-contact for all contract related questions. Currently we are looking for a legal counsel to support our growing business activities in a.o. the Energy and Healthcare business lines.
- Negotiating these contracts, in close interaction with other teams, which are essential in imec’s contract procedure, such as ‘IP Business Intelligence’, ‘Business Development’, ‘Business Operations’, ‘Contract Administration’ and ‘Technical Units’.
- Collaborating with the Compliance teams (e.g. in the domain of privacy, healthcare and export control) in order to ensure regulatory compliance in your agreements.
- Keeping up to date with applicable laws and regulations in (a.o.) the following domains: contract law, IP law, competition law and commercial law.
- Supporting your business lines by setting up appropriate and up-to-date template contracts and contract clauses, in line with imec’s policies and the applicable laws and regulations.
- Cooperating with legal colleagues and participating in initiatives to guarantee a uniform legal strategy for imec.
What we do for you
As a Legal Counsel at imec, you work on innovative legal challenges which require creative and proactive legal guidance. You are part of the Legal Office team and you will mainly work at imec’s premises in Leuven, Belgium in combination with working from home. The projects and contracts you take on challenge you to think big and differently. In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Master in Law, with a minimum of 2 years experience in contract law and preferably IP law.
- You advise and write in a clear, concise and focused manner in English; knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- You are a diplomatic communicator with a solution-oriented mindset, who can make decisions autonomously.
- You can cope with a high work pace, handle deadlines and plan your work efficiently.
- You are a team player and with a pro-active and constructive attitude.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.