Legal Counsel – Business Contracts
As a legal specialist in business contracts you support the imec group to make sure that imec’s growth is duly protected by concluding solid agreements.
LanguageNederlands - English
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
- Providing legal advice and drafting and reviewing a wide range of sales contracts with partners worldwide, (e.g. collaboration agreements, program partnerships, license agreements, technology transfers, ...) while safeguarding imec’s rights and obligations. As imec performs activities in many different technical and scientific domains, one or more specific business lines will be assigned to you, where you will act as the main legal responsible and point-of-contact for all contract related questions.
- Negotiating these sales contracts, in close interaction with other teams, which are essential in imec’s contract procedure, such as ‘IP Business Intelligence’, ‘Business Development’, ‘Business Operations’, ‘Contract Administration’ and ‘Technical Units’.
- Collaborating with the Compliance teams (e.g. in the domain of privacy and export control) in order to ensure regulatory compliance in your agreements.
- Keeping up to date with applicable laws and regulations in (a.o.) the following domains: contract law, IP law, competition law and commercial law.
- Supporting your business lines by setting up appropriate and up-to-date template contracts and contract clauses, in line with imec’s policies and the applicable laws and regulations.
- Cooperating with legal colleagues and participating in initiatives to guarantee a uniform legal strategy for imec.
As a Legal Counsel at imec, you work on innovative legal tasks which require creative and proactive legal guidance. You are part of the Legal Office team and you will work at imec’s premises in Leuven, Belgium. Potentially, flexibility is asked to visit imec’s premises in Antwerp or Ghent, to ensure a consistent and uniform strategy and approach over the imec entities. The projects and contracts you take on will require you to think big and differently.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Master’s in law, with a minimum of 2 years experience in contract law and preferably IP law.
- You advise and write in a clear, concise and focused manner in English; knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- You are a diplomatic communicator with a solution-oriented mindset, who can make decisions independently.
- You can cope with a high work pace, handle deadlines and plan your work efficiently.
- You are a team player and with a pro-active and constructive attitude.
Imec is a story about how talent grows technology and technology grows talent. How people rise above themselves when working on challenges no one has ever faced before. This is imec. Come find your place in it.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.