As part of the Corporate Legal team within Legal Office you support the imec group to make sure that imec’s growth is duly protected by concluding solid agreements. Your primary focus will be on imec’s venturing activities and the corporate legal housekeeping of the imec group.
LanguageNederlands - English
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
- Providing legal advice as a company lawyer and drafting and reviewing a wide range of contracts (e.g. intragroup service level agreements, corporate M&A related agreements, loan agreements, real estate agreements, ...) with main focus on corporate and commercial law.
- Negotiating these contracts, in close interaction with other teams, such as the venturing and innovation team and the finance team.
- Supporting these teams by setting up appropriate and up-to-date template contracts and contract clauses, in line with imec’s policies and the applicable laws and regulations.
- Participating in the legal management of the imec group, including corporate housekeeping and corporate governance of the imec group entities.
- Cooperating with other legal colleagues and participating in initiatives to guarantee a uniform legal strategy for imec.
- Collaborating with the compliance teams (e.g. in the domain of privacy and export control) in order to ensure regulatory compliance in your agreements.
What we do for you
As a Legal Counsel at imec, you work on innovative legal challenges which require creative and proactive legal guidance. You are part of the Legal Office team, and you will work at imec’s premises in Leuven, Belgium combining with working from home. The projects and contracts you take on challenge you to think big and differently. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Master in Law, with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in commercial and/or corporate law.
- You are fluent in both English and Dutch (speaking and writing) and you advise and write in a clear, concise and focused manner.
- You are a diplomatic communicator with a solution-oriented mindset, who can make decisions autonomously.
- You can cope with a high work pace, handle deadlines, and plan your work efficiently.
- You are a team player and with a pro-active and constructive attitude.
Imec is a story about how talent grows technology and technology grows talent. How people rise above themselves when working on challenges no one has ever faced before. This is imec. Come find your place in it.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.