Lab Responsible Life Science Technologies
As a pro-active coordinator, you are responsible for our + 1000m2 state-of-the art life science lab.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
You will be working in a team of researchers with a multidisciplinary background (i.e. biology, biochemistry, physics and engineering) and will be in charge of the good functioning of the lab.
Key responsibilities of this job are:
- Responsible for lab equipment/devices/(bio)chemical stocks and for maintaining it in proper condition according to the imec standard operating procedures and Safety, Hygiene & Environment guidelines.
- Responsible for the chemical stock.
- Implement or update safety procedures and ensure adherence to the rules by users. This includes being responsible for biosafety of the lab in collaboration with the local biosafety committee.
- Assist laboratory staff in their daily experiments.
- Provide safety training for new researchers.
- Educate new lab users in the lab workflows and responsibilities they have, depending on the specific role they have in the lab.
- Organize the lab infrastructure, coordinate, and supervise movement or installation of equipment, implement new procedures and work protocols. Coordinate the repair of broken tools to ensure minimal down time.
- Ensure optimal operation of all devices in the various Life science labs. Provide technical support to process managers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Taking care of preventive maintenance of the equipment and proposing structural improvements in consultation with the users and manager.
- Organization and coordination of lab shutdown periods and upstart of new tools or activities.
- Planning, installation, and qualification of new devices in close cooperation with all parties involved. You are the contact person for the technical service of Imec, suppliers of the devices and lab users. Purchase of appliance parts is also your responsibility.
- Support device-level developments: design, implementation, customization.
- Help new researchers furnishing their labs and equipment.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You have a Master’s degree in industrial sciences or a Bachelor degree in a science-related area, and preferably some experience (ca. 1-2 years) with working as Lab Manager within a biology laboratory environment.
Previous experience of laboratory processes and bio-related techniques is essential.
You are highly self-motivated and able to communicate effectively in a cross-team environment.
You should be able to pro-actively and efficiently organize daily tasks and meet deadlines.
Ecause of our international and multicultural environment, English proficiency is mandatory.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.