LAB Hardware Engineer
In support of existing hardware engineer (back-up) for process and characterization labs.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
You will be a member of the Sensor and Actuators LAB team. This team is responsible for processing and characterization labs related to research for Sensors and Actuators (MEMS, photonics, thin-film, imagers and displays, ...) and for the Energy team (battery research and development, molecule capturing and conversion, ...). You work in a team of about 4 people with whom you interact daily to maintain and organize 10 labs in very diverse topics and users.
With your hardware and process colleagues you ensure that the tools are running smoothly and efficiently, you support the imec programs with their projects as a link between hardware and process or characterization requirements.
You work in a dynamic multidisciplinary and multicultural environment in close cooperation with researchers, students, process and hardware engineers, industry assignees, device, and process experts.
In this job, your main tasks will be:
- As a hardware engineer, you take on a key role in technical support of the processing and characterization teams. You repair tools with a minimum of downtime.
- You follow up problems which appears on tools under your responsibility and take the necessary actions to solve and maintain problems for the future. You have a close contact with the tool vendors to search for a solution.
- You prepare and organize the lab shutdown.
- You document tool info and status and keep the stock information for consumables and tool parts up to date.
- You work on new prototype tools for the labs and can make use of 3D printers and CNC milling tools to create sample holders or design prototypes.
- You keep the lab plans up to date, replace old and follow up on new tool installations.
- During an intensive training period you will be coached by our team. They will introduce you to the lab activities, teach you everything you need to know to excel in your role.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You obtained a degree in Engineering (Mechanics or Electronics) or have 5+ years of experience.
- You can work on your own with good hands-on skills in lab environment, well organized, with a good attention to detail and set high standards for quality and safety.
- You are a problem solver: you do not think in problems, but in solutions. Thanks to your sense of urgency, you act proactively. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive right into the action.
- You see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow and you can deal with ambiguity.
- You are a team player: you share your technical expertise with your colleagues, you can coach and guide others, you actively contribute to achieving common goals.
- You are comfortable in the MS Office suite and have basic data analysis skills.
- Given the international character of imec we pay a lot of attention to work in a hospital environment where we thread people equal. Fluency in English is a must.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.