Industrialization engineer - Electronics
Set up and control the industrialization phases of the Product/System development: Proof of Concept – Prototype – Qualification – Production
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
Within the imec Solutions department, we build application-oriented prototypes around unique imec chip-level technology. Together with the component experts, we innovate at the system level to bring these imec technologies to the next level and to bridge the gap between research and industry. A system here is composed of an innovative microchip or sensor, combined with custom or off-the-shelf electronics, optics, mechanics, fluidics and both embedded and application specific algorithms and control software. Our mission is to demonstrate and validate these systems in a relevant environment and generate valuable data for our customers. We are building a multidisciplinary team that has expertise in system engineering, mechanics, electronics, optics, software, product development and quality systems. Some examples of applications are:
- COVID-19 breathalyzer
- Alzheimer’s Disease, through the eyes of a hyperspectral camera
- imec hyperspectral
- lens free microscopy
- Latest Neuropixels probes can track neurons over weeks
We are looking for an Industrialization engineer with excellent technical skills in the field of product quality management within a product development environment. You will work on a variety of different projects in the domain of life sciences and novel sensing technologies for industrial, medical and space applications. In this job, your main activities will be:
- Set up and control the industrialization phases of the Product/System development: Proof of Concept – Prototype – Qualification – Production
- Perform industrialization activities for new products/projects with a target to meet defined project timeline, cost, and quality requirements
- Collaborating with stakeholders to make sure that our products can be or remain certified, and that the certification process is being improved and in line with the regulations and standards to which our products need to comply
- Involved in supplier quality management, reliability testing and reliability analysis, including risk mitigation, failure analysis and corrective action
- Perform root cause analysis and proactively drive corrective action of reliability and customer field failures
- Participate in the development of the product pipeline, ensuring that changes or new products released meet quality and reliability requirements
- Implementing and executing safety and product quality standards, achieving productivity standards and Key Operating Indicators
- Verification and approval of PCB / PBA layouts
- Research / Introduction of new processes and technologies
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You hold a Master or bachelor’s degree in Electronics, with at least 3 years of experience in Industrialization.
- You have experience in:
- DfX (design for Excellence)
- Electronic assembly (PCB / PBA / IPC / ESD)
- Product Reliability – Environmental /IP / HALT
- Product qualification – EMC / Safety / CE-FCC
- Management of test/inspection throughout product development and deployment
- You have knowledge of quality standards IPC, NCR, CAPA, 8D process
- You are motivated to adhere to procedures and work with the technical teams to implement them
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills and fluent in English and Dutch.
- Willingness to work at the Imec facilities in Leuven is required.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.