Image Sensor Pixel design and Characterization Engineer
Design and characterization of innovative image sensor pixels
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
Imec offers companies to develop and fabricate customized specialty microsystems that cannot be produced in standard CMOS technology. We have the freedom to tune our technology to the demands of our partners and develop advanced technology flows for prototypes / low-volume production as well as exploratory pixel / sensor architectures. To develop and explore new pixel concepts and technologies, we are looking for a motivated Pixel Design/Characterization Engineer.
As a Pixel Design and Characterization Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Designing advanced pixels according to internal or external specifications
- Defining innovative device architectures and process conditions using TCAD simulations
- Build test protocol and program
- Failure analysis of the fabricated image sensor and contribute to yield improvement
- Interpreting electrical and optical data and providing feedback to Integration engineers
- Reporting project status to management and customers
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s or a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering or Solid-State Physics.
- We appreciate your PhD degree, plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Pixel Design, preferably in an industrial environment.
- You can easily integrate into a cross-functional, culturally diverse, international team. Fluency in English is essential.
- You can work on your own yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields.
- You have profound knowledge of solid-state physics
- You have experience in TCAD (process and device simulation)
- You have hands-on experience in image sensor pixel characterization.
- You have knowledge of the basic concepts of CMOS processing.
- Good python coding skills are a must
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.