III-V RF Device Fabrication and Characterization Engineer
Design of RF transistors and fabrication in the lab.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
The deployment of millimetre-wave 5G and 6G radio systems pushes the requirements on device performance further than ever. Indeed, achieving very high-power efficiency at mmWave frequencies is critical for such application. While compound semiconductors technologies promise to meet these goals, their low-cost fabrication on a CMOS compatible platform remains challenging. In this context, innovative III-V transistors compatible with large-scale Si wafers are currently being developed at imec.
In this job, you will:
- contribute to the fabrication, characterization, and optimization of advanced III-V Heterojunction Bipolar Transistors (HBT) and High Electron Mobility Transistors
- develop process flow and recipes, and go in the cleanroom to fabricate the devices
- characterize the electrical performance at DC and RF
- innovate and optimize the transistors for optimal performance
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD in electrical engineering, material engineering, or applied physics
- We value your experience in cleanroom and device integration
- We appreciate your knowledge of device physics, technology, and microwave techniques
- You are a communicative team player, but you can work independently.
- You are creative and like taking initiative; you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.