ICT Workplace (team) lead
Are you ready to ensure the optimal performance, security and efficiency of the workplace environment?
What you will do
As an ICT Workplace (team) lead, you together with our workplace experts, will be responsible for overseeing and managing the ICT tools and services that support the imec people in their daily operations. In this role you will work closely with other ICT teams, different business stakeholders, as well as external partners. Your key responsibilities include:
- Workplace Software: You will initiate and manage workplace-related software implementations, together with our internal experts and external partners. You collaborate with vendors to negotiate and optimize software licensing agreements and renewals (mostly Microsoft).
- Given the direct impact on the bigger imec community, it will very important to become the trusted advisor for our business stakeholders in this domain. You will be the point of contact for individual initiatives as well as for ad hoc questions. You will be required to keep an overview of all running and planned initiatives and guide our business and partners.
- Meeting Room AV Equipment: You will oversee the functionality of meeting room audiovisual equipment, including video conferencing systems, and coordinate with facilities to ensure meeting rooms are equipped and functional for presentations and video conferences.
- Printing Solutions: You will manage the printing infrastructure, including printers, copiers, and scanners, in close collaboration with the support team on site.
- Device Management: You will manage the inventory and lifecycle of personal devices, such as laptops, headsets, keyboards, etc., and ensure they are up to date and compliant with imec policies.
- Security and Compliance: You will collaborate with the Information Security team to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations related to ICT infrastructure.
- Budget and Procurement: You will prepare and manage budgets for ICT workplace-related expenses, identify cost-saving opportunities, and recommend cost-effective solutions.
- Vendor Management: You will establish and maintain relationships with technology vendors and service providers, evaluate vendor performance, and negotiate with procurement contracts for ICT services and equipment.
- Documentation and Training: You will ensure up-to-date documentation of ICT workplace configurations and procedures, and might be asked to support, develop or deliver training programs for end users on ICT best practices.
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation: You will monitor and evaluate the evolution in the workplace environment, identify areas for improvement and innovation, and implement best practices and solutions to enhance the user experience and satisfaction.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience in ICT workplace management, preferably in a large organization.
- A team player, who likes to coach people
- Empathic listener
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure, software, and hardware technologies.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- IT certifications (e.g., ITIL, Microsoft, ...) are advantageous.
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.