R&D engineer nanoimprint lithography
R&D engineer nanoimprint lithography | imec | LinkedIn
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
Imec’s Sensors and Actuators Technology department is developing devices on glass and other non-traditional substrates for integration into tomorrow’s displays, imagers and biomedical applications. In this growing R&D activity, we are currently looking for an R&D engineer to support our Nanoimprint Lithography (NIL) projects. He/she will actively participate in the definition and the development of NIL imprints by using automated and semiautomated NIL tools in the LAB and FAB. For this challenging task, we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person for hands-on research in NIL, process development and device prototyping. Experience in deposition and etching is a plus.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Independent definition and start-up of processing experiments under the supervision of the responsible project leader or researcher.
- Deposition of thin films from solution and vacuum, using in particular tools like spin-coating, chemical vapor deposition and atomic-layer deposition.
- NIL patterning of the deposited layers.
- Characterization of new resist and substrates for NIL
- Autonomous characterization: Electrical and optical characterization of materials and device performance; Physical characterization of the deposited layers
- Regular reporting in a consistent and rigorous way.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated engineer, who seizes opportunities and is enthused by new challenges.
- You have a master’s degree or equivalent experience in chemistry, materials, nanotechnology, or another related field.
- You like working within a team and can schedule your work according to deadlines and deliverables.
- You are creative and like to think with scientists to solve problems.
- You have experience with processing equipment. Experience with processing in a high-tech laboratory cleanroom environment is a plus.
- You have experience with physical and optical characterization techniques such as AFM, SEM or ellipsometry.
- Experience with NIL technique is a strong plus.
- You take the initiative and work independently, while being part of a team.
- You are result-driven and flexible to meet stringent deadlines with quality output.
- You are flexible to accept new challenges in the future, and to evolve together with the changing R&D demands of our high-tech environment.
The imec environment requires a good team player with competent communication and reporting skills. Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.