Group Leader ASIC Design Services
Technical and people management of a cross-functional IC Design group
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
- You manage a cross-functional IC Design group consisting of project managers, analog and digital designers and lay-outers and library/CAD engineers, in both technical and human aspects.
- You are a dynamic, respected people manager and know your team members well.
- You manage design resources to ensure quality delivery on time.
- You make sure the team is trained and able to keep up with the advances in chip technology.
- You help creating the design services strategy of imec.IC-link, you make sure your team is supporting that strategy.
- You closely work together with imec.IC-link business development and with your multicultural team you make decisions on which projects to carry out and how. This includes identification of design requirements, complexity, defining design strategy, making estimations and planning from customer input.
- You are the technical responsible for our design and IP partner network.
- You keep good relations with the imec.IC-link design and IP partners and understand their capabilities.
- When necessary, you actively own an ASIC design project as project manager.
- You are responsible for monitoring and improving the design procedures to ensure high quality standards.
- You support your team in making decisions on how to execute projects looking at aspects like e.g. design flow, schedule, testability and cost.
- You collaborate with the package design, assembly and ASIC production teams in IC-link to ensure best quality and smooth project execution.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have an MS Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- You have solid full-flow digital and analog ASIC design background with a track record of successful tapeouts
- You have minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in a design services environment
- You have experience in recruiting, building, and managing a successful high-performing world class team
- You are an open communicator and have excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- You get energy from helping customers create their products.
- You quickly understand new technical concepts
- You can form an opinion and formulate recommendations on how to go forward based on high-level customer input
- You are willing and able to travel domestically and internationally now and then
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.