FPGA Development Engineer
Develop (design and implement) the code/firmware to drive the control electronics that are at the heart of many of our systems: control signals for imagers, laser drivers, cell sorters, ...
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
Within the imec Solutions department, we build application-oriented prototypes around unique imec chip-level technology. Together with the component experts, we innovate at the system level to bring these imec technologies to the next level and to bridge the gap between research and industry. A system here is composed of an innovative microchip or sensor, combined with custom or off-the-shelf electronics, optics, mechanics, fluidics and both embedded and application specific algorithms and control software. Our mission is to demonstrate and validate these systems in a relevant environment and generate valuable data for our customers. We are building a multidisciplinary team that has expertise in system engineering, mechanics, electronics, optics, software, product development and quality systems. Some examples of applications are:COVID-19 breathalyzerAlzheimer’s Disease, through the eyes of a hyperspectral cameraimec hyperspectrallens free microscopyLatest Neuropixels probes can track neurons over weeks
We are looking for an electronics design engineer with excellent technical skills in the field of FPGA design and programming. You will work on a variety of different projects in the domain of lifesciences and novel sensing technologies for industrial, medical and space applications.
In this job, your main activities will be:
- Design & develop FPGA applications in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Analysis of new project requirements and definition of system specifications.
- Design of Data (pre)processing applications.
- Design and implementation of high bandwidth read-out systems.
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of system engineers, electronics design engineers and researchers.
- Work according to agreed customer timelines and report on progress internally and to customers.
- Manage time effectively and quickly adapt to new project requirements
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You hold a Master’s degree in Electronics with at least 3 years of experience in FPGA design and programming for industrial applications.
- You have excellent knowledge of
- Digital techniques & VLSI Design
- VHDL coding rules in high-speed applications (CDC, FSM, pipelining, ...)
- Behavioral and Timing simulation techniques
- Tcl/TK scripting in an EDA environment
- Verification using virtual (ILA) and laboratory equipment (MSO, LSA)
- FPGA development environments (Xilinx + Lattice)
- Embedded Linux environment (Petalinux and PYNQ)
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills and fluent in English.
- Willingness to work at the Imec facilities in Leuven is required.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.