Export Control Specialist
As an Export Control Engineer, you are responsible for analysing and classifying the export control activities and ensuring that these actions comply with local and international export control and sanctions regulations.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
To optimally control the obtained innovations, we must strengthen the export control compliance program. Export control, global sanctions and compliance are essential to enable the organization to meet commitments we made to our customers. Compliance is considered to be one of the core values within imec.
As an export control engineer, you are part of the export control team within the department Intellectual Property, Contracts and Compliance. You will contribute to the implementation of policies and procedures to safeguard compliance with imec’ s sanctions and export control strategy. You will execute and ensure export control compliance while proactively supporting imec and its business partners in export control classifications.
In order to do so, you will
- Contribute, coordinate and following up on new developments, trends and applications in the field of strategic goods and technology.
- Work with technology developers to assess if a specific export control classification is applicable.
- Contribute to advising government agencies on changes to technical specifications included in legislation and procedures.
- Stimulate and establish good working relationships at different levels within imec by giving trainings and participating in meetings that contribute to increasing awareness and compliance.
- Follow the latest developments in export controls updates and emerging technologies.
- Perform risks assessments including reviews of the impact of new regulations.
- Communicate with partners on Export Control aspects.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained a Master’s degree in science or engineering and want to learn all the secrets of the export control and global sanctions.
- You have a good knowledge or you are willing to acquire this knowledge in the so called ‘dual-use’ and defense related goods.
- You have a broad interest in technology. Being familiar with semiconductor process technology and devices is a plus.
- You can work on your own yet in close collaboration with experts form other technical fields.
- You have hands-on approach while also thinking strategically.
- You combine this with good analytical skills.
- You work accurately and in a structured way.
- You are an enthusiastic team player but can work independently and take initiative.
- You have good communication skills, both orally and written.
- You have a thorough knowledge of English. Knowledge of Dutch is considered a plus.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.