GaN Power Electronics Device Layout Engineer
We are seeking a Device Layout Engineer to support the design of our innovative GaN power devices.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
Gallium Nitride (GaN) technology offers faster switching power devices with higher breakdown voltages, higher thermal conductivity and lower on-resistance than silicon (Si). GaN-based power devices play a key role in the power conversion within battery chargers, smartphones, computers, servers, automotive, lighting systems and photovoltaics.
GaN power devices are a breakthrough technology, revolutionizing the power electronics landscape and have an exciting roadmap for next generation. Imec has developed 100V, 200V and 650V enhancement mode devices on 200mm GaN-on-Silicon wafers with state-of-the-art performance and reproducibility. And it explores the next generation GaN technology with a higher level of integration (eg. GaN-IC) and higher performances.
Imec has been pioneering GaN technology for more than 15 years. We use 200mm wafers to realize GaN power devices at lower costs while maintaining world-class performance. Our research covers GaN epitaxy as well as device engineering and processing technology.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a device layout engineer to support the design of GaN power devices. This encompasses the design, layout, PDK, and physical understanding of the test results in order to optimize the device design and the technology.
Your tasks include:
- CAD based design and layout of the power devices.
Install, customize and test PDKs, support parasitic extraction, support IC tapeout methodology.
- Analyze test data and work together with the process integration engineer to optimize the process flow and layout for improved performance and reliability of the power devices.
- Understand the device physics, band diagram and comprehensive operation of the power device under static and dynamic operation, in order to guide the optimization process.
- As you build up your competences and skills, we expect you to take up responsibilities as a project leader in one of our funded or bilateral projects, as a growth path for your career.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a bachelor or higher degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or similar.
- You have some years of experience in lay-outing.
- Hands on experience in testing is a plus.
- Your good knowledge of Cadence Virtuoso and Mentor Calibre will be an advantage.
- You are experienced in programming (Python, C++, etc).
- You are accurate and focused to deliver results meeting specific targets and deadlines.
- You are enthusiastic, eager to learn, have a sense of urgency and a flexible attitude.
- You can work independently, customer minded and with respect for timelines.
- You are a team player as you will be collaborating with the process integration engineer and characterization team.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.