Experienced GaN Power Electronics Device Modeling Engineer
We are seeking GaN Power Electronics Device Engineer for the design and testing of power devices in GaN-on-Si technology
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
Gallium Nitride (GaN) technology offers faster switching power devices with higher breakdown voltages and lower on-resistance than silicon (Si). GaN power devices are a breakthrough technology, revolutionizing the power electronics landscape and have an exciting roadmap for next generation GaN power devices. Imec has developed 100V, 200V and 650V enhancement mode devices on 200mm GaN-on-Silicon wafers with state-of-the-art performance and reproducibility.
We are seeking an experienced semiconductor device modelling engineer who can model GaN power transistors, creating models based on measurement data, defining testing structures and measurements needed to provide data to validate and calibrate models.
Your tasks include:
- Device test for device characterization and model extraction
- Development, generation, and parameter extraction of semiconductor device compact models
- Analyze test data and work together with the process integration engineer to optimize the fabrication flow and layout for improved performance and reliability of the power devices.
- Understand the device physics, band diagram and comprehensive operation of the power device under static and dynamic modes, to guide the optimization process.
- Participate roadmap discussions and lead projects
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion, and expertise, you will become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process, not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- You have 5-10 years of experience in leading GaN technology development
- You have experience with industry-standard device modelling software, such as Keysight IC-CAP
- You have experience with Process Design Kits (PDKs) and SPICE simulation for device model verification
- You have strong knowledge in HEMT device physics and fabrication of GaN power switches
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.