Experienced Data Engineer
You're an architectural genius that effortlessly designs, develops and deploys data pipelines, making sure these pipelines are filled with qualitative data which serve as an input for our machine learning engineers
SectorICT & Data
🤖 The Job
Dataroots researches, designs and codes robust AI-solutions & platforms for various sectors, with a strong focus on DataOps and MLOps. As Data Engineer you're part of our dedicated in-house team of AI-specialists. You excel in building digital data-driven solutions and infrastructure, which are the basis for our robust and production-ready solutions to optimise company processes.
You're an architectural genius that effortlessly designs, develops and deploys data pipelines, making sure these pipelines are filled with qualitative data which serve as an input for our machine learning engineers. You collaborate closely with our machine learning engineers and/or cloud architects on projects for various sectors, always with a quality focused, end-to-end approach. The result? Our teams provide clients a reliable foundation to make data-driven decisions.
As a senior you will also build and share knowledge with your colleagues. With initiatives like our rootsacademy or rootlabs, you have various chances to share your knowledge and keep up to date with the latest developments in the field.
🎉. What you can expect at dataroots?
At dataroots we combine 100% focus with fresh and fun ideas. Our offices are the ideal workplace for people with a knack for innovation. Thanks to our fridays@dataroots we also stay in touch with our colleagues, even when working on different projects. Our languages? Terraform, Kubernetes, Cloud, Containers, Python, Scala, and HCL. What we speak when we're not coding? English, because with colleagues from Brazil or Serbia you'll enter an inspiring and internationally focused team.
💪 The Skills
- You have experience with Kubernetes, Terraform and CI/CD and have a significant knowhow of data-architecture and data-infrastructure.
- You know your way around tools like Apache Spark, Beam and/or Kafka.
- You're at ease with programming in Scala and Python.
- You understand how Machine Learning works and can support the deployment of machine learning models on an on-prem or cloud-native infrastructure.
- You know the ins and outs of cloud platforms like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- You apply the KISS principle on your day-to-day, we strive to use the right tool for the right job.
- You have an analytics and solution oriented mindset.
- You enjoy wrangling large amounts of data.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You speak English fluently, a word of Dutch or French is a plus.
Was this list a bit much? Don't worry, we don't expect you to tick every box from the beginning. Most of all we are looking for colleagues with the same passion for personal and team development as the rest of us.
💰 The Offer
- An attractive salary package with extralegal benefits such as a company car, fuel card, hospitalisation insurance, group insurance, a high-end laptop and smartphone
- A personal & team training budget to further your professional career
- Trainings and seminars with your team and external experts to further sharpen your technical knife
- Sports and/or sushidates … We let off steam during our (virtual) drinks and fridays@dataroots events #workhardplayhard
- A constantly changing environment where everyone can contribute and shape the company for the better
- Your own innovation budget to work on cool, education, challenging and/or opensource projects within your guild.
🇧🇪 Our main office is located in Leuven, with co-working spaces in Brussels and Ghent. These locations are always available for brainstorm sessions or team events. As a dataroots consultant, you will occasionally be doing on-site visits at our clients. However, most of our work is done remotely. At dataroots, we are actively adapting to this new way of working. ✌️
Ready for a new chapter as a Experienced Data Engineer at dataroots? Great! Apply now! 🎉
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.