Electronic HW System Engineer
Develop electronics from system design to prototype and production phase
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
The group Electronic Assembly (EA) in the department imec Solutions focuses on supporting imec's research in the development and manufacturing of Electronic Systems. Besides industrial services, EA as industrialization group supports the TRL-uplift (Technology Readiness Level) of different imec groups in the domain of health care, wireless and smart (energy) systems, flexible electronics, etc.
The Electronic Assembly (EA) group within imec Solutions is active in the development of high-performance / high complex electronic products in all domains of the industry. It designs product demonstrators, prototypes and assists customers with manufacturing challenges. In this job, you get the opportunity to build on the growth trajectory of the EA and imec Solutions activities. You work in a team with your own responsibilities. You have a varied range of activities and have extensive contacts with imec research teams, and local and international partners in the electronics industry.
Your main activities will be:
- You translate (sometimes fuzzy) customer requirements into system requirements and system architecture.
- Through your broad knowledge of electronics, you assist customers in making technology choices.
- You are responsible for the development of the electronics, from the system design, over the different design phases, to prototype and production phase.
- Your tasks also include hardware design: components selection, electrical calculations, schematics drawing, layout specifications writing, layout review, lab measurements and prototype debugging.
- You monitor the consistency of the system concept and demands during the project execution phase.
- You work intensely together with the clients (imec or industry) and with the other members of the project team to realize the product and have frequent contacts with suppliers.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a master’s degree in electronics engineering.
- You have strong experience in system architecture design, analog and high speed digital hardware design (CPU, FPGA, SoC, Ethernet, USB, PCI, SerDes,...) preferably with the focus on analog design, low noise, Signal Integrity, high speed data, ...
- Knowledge of the Application Specific IC development process is a plus.
- Knowledge of PBA/PCB manufacturability is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Altium Designer is a plus
- You work precise and independently to achieve a high quality ‘First Time Right’ product.
- You can work in an international team.
- You have good communication skills and speak/write fluently English. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of industrial experience in a similar function.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.