Electrical Device Engineer
Imec’s specialty component department is focused on doing research and development towards finding innovative and at the same time manufacturable solutions for our partners problems and ideas. This R&D work combines our expertise in silicon process technology with multidisciplinary activities ranging from material science, device design, circuit design, MEMS systems, optics, and photonics systems, acoustic and phononic systems, microfluidic systems, thermal systems.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
As part of this R&D activity we are also working closely together with our semiconductor equipment suppliers to develop key components for next generations tools. This collaboration can go from early concept studies and generating new and innovative ideas over development, early prototyping, all the way to producing actual parts that will go in the field.What you will do
As part of this research team, we are looking for a Device Engineer to design the electrical, electro-mechanical, and opto-electrical properties of a wide variety of hardware components that are developed in various projects.
As a Device Engineer at imec, you will perform the following tasks:
- Device design and optimization for targeting an application specific specification.
- Design, layout and maintain sensor layouts from concept, over development to ready for series production.
- Model the electrical behavior of the devices you design to compare to tightly controlled customer specifications.
- Translate a CMOS process flow into simulation deck to design new / modified devices.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s or a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering or Solid-State Physics.
- You have preferably several years of experience in the semiconductor (or related) industry, or a in laboratory environment.
- You can easily integrate into a cross-functional, culturally diverse, international team. Fluency in English is essential.
- You can work independently yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields. You enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills to align all the main stakeholders at the technical level, and to deliver messages and results clearly and concisely.
- You have profound knowledge of solid-state physics
- You have experience in semiconductor device and semiconductor sensor (optical, mechanical, ...) design
- You have experience in TCAD (process and device simulation)
- You can translate a device concept into a device layout.
- You have experience with layout in a professional design environment (Cadence, Calibre, ...) and the respective design flows.
- You have knowledge of the basic principles of CMOS and MEMS processing.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.