What you will do
After a half-century of continuous down-scaling of feature sizes and simultaneous up-scaling of transistor counts and device complexity, consumers of integrated-circuit (IC) technology have grown accustomed to the benefits of “Moore’s Law” and expect it to continue going forward. For micro-electronic products, mankind simply feels entitled to ever higher performance, at lower energy consumption, and certainly at lower cost. Imec is a world-renowned research organization that develops state-of-the-art device and system integration technologies. This results in components with advanced functionalities and form factors which, in turn, require continuous innovation in test technology and design-for-test methodology. To drive these activities, we are looking for a Test/Design-for-Test Technology Researcher.
You work in a team of about ten people but share and provide your expertise to the broader imec community, working with not only with internal researchers and scientists, but also hardware engineers, device and process experts, but also from our customers (‘partners’) and suppliers.
As a researcher, you will contribute to conceiving and developing (design-for-)test methodologies adapted to new technologies for device integration and chip manufacturing, such as 2nm CMOS technologies, 3D chip stacking, and silicon photonics. You will collaborate with top-experts in the field, apply your methodologies to state-of-the-art chip designs that can be manufactured in one of imec’s own cleanrooms or at external fabs, if applicable file for patents, and publish your findings at key conferences and journals. You apply your knowledge in imec’s research programs, as well as in bilateral projects with customers, joint development projects with suppliers, and/or multi-party EU-funded projects.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that determines the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have at least a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics; a PhD in a relevant topic is optional, but will be valued;
- You have interest in IC design and test; preferably you have worked with Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools, for example Cadence Modus, Siemens Tessent, or Synopsys TestCompiler or you have practical experience in digital/analog characterization of ICs;
- Research attitude: interested to explore new things and publish about them at top-notch conferences world-wide;
- Good communication and networking skills to build and maintain long-lasting relations with semiconductor customers, software tool suppliers, and equipment vendors;
- A meticulous person with a strong eye to detail;
- A real team player in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
- Good mastering of English language in all modalities.
If you react, please include a motivation letter, your resume, and university grade lists if applicable.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.