Business Development Manager ASIC Services (DACH area)
Prospect for new customers within the medical, industrial and automotive sector and manage a portfolio of existing customers.
SectorKnowledge & Learning
What you will do
Imec is the largest independent semiconductor R&D facility within Europe. At Imec, we shape the future. Within Imec organization, imec.ic-link is a division offering ASIC services to industrial customers, leveraging on the existing landscape Imec has built to offer first-in-class technology services to start-up’s, scale-up’s and larger companies.
As such, we aim to grow our business in the DACH area (Germany, Switzerland, Austria), and we are looking for a full-time ASIC Business Development Manager.
- You will prospect for new customers within the medical, industrial and automotive sector.
- You will build and manage a portfolio of existing customers.
- You will make, negotiate and finalize contracts.
- You will act as the facilitator and negotiator for solving (technical or non-technical) problems during the project as quickly as possible.
- You will advise the management regarding actions and (strategic) choices.
- You will represent imec at external fairs and exhibitions where design houses, subcontractors, universities, chip foundries and customers meet one another.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have minimum 5 years of experience in technical service sales and/or business development.
- You are a strong communicator, customer-oriented and diplomatic. You are able to extend your internal and external networks and to talk and confer on technical, legal and business-related matters.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You have a network within the Medical, Industrial and Automotive industry in the DACH area.
- You are fluent in German and English.
- You have a Master’s degree, preferably with some knowledge in the design and fabrication of integrated circuits.
- Experience in selling ASICs is a plus.
- You enjoy regular traveling (up to 2 trips per month), mostly within Europe (EMEA).
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.