Business Development Manager
Offering first-in-class ASIC services to start-up’s, scale-up’s and larger companies.
LanguageNederlands - English
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
imec is the largest independent semiconductor R&D facility within Europe. At imec, we shape the future. Within the imec organization, imec IC-link is a division offering first-in-class ASIC services to start-up’s, scale-up’s and larger companies. As our activities are growing, we are looking for a dedicated Business Development Manager.
- You will build and manage a portfolio of customers.
- You will prospect new customers within both emerging and traditional domains such as Artificial Intelligence, High Performance Computing, Industrial, Telecom, Quantum computing, Datacenters, Automotive, IoT, etc...
- You will prepare quotations for customers according to their needs, negotiate contracts supported by our legal team and close deals with diverse accounts in Europe.
- You act as the facilitator and negotiator for solving (technical or non-technical) problems during the project in a pragmatic manner.
- You advise the management regarding tactical and strategic choices.
- You represent imec at external fairs and exhibitions where design houses, subcontractors, universities, chip foundries and customers meet one another.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a good knowledge of the IC and digital technology market.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in technical service sales and/or business development.
- You are fluent in English and have good verbal and written communication skills.
- You’re result driven.
- You have a master’s degree, preferably with some knowledge in the design and fabrication of integrated circuits.
- Experience in selling ASICs or design and consultancy services for digital and electronics systems is a plus.
- You are a strong communicator, customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- You can extend your internal and external networks and to talk and confer on technical, legal and business-related matters.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You enjoy regular traveling (2 to 4 trips per month), mostly within Europe (EMEA).
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.