Business Analyst - people data
Discover the wonderful world where people meet ICT. Join imec as a Business Analyst – people data!
SectorElectronics & Engineering
Analysis of the job
Effective HR & business processes need reliable data and this data is stored in ICT applications. It’s like the yin and yang of modern-day companies; the one just cannot exist without the other. And this is exactly where our team comes in. Our mission? Provide solutions to streamline people & business processes using information technology. Meet Sabine and Kevin, some of your future colleagues in an inspiring environment on the crossroad between HR and IT.
As a Business Analyst with focus on people data, you design and coordinate changes to HR applications: you grasp all information & facts, figure out what the key action points are, you explore solutions to improve the current process, or you just take the challenge to rethink the whole picture. As a next step, you create an outline to realise it and together with the team, you work towards the exciting moment of a “go-live”.
Your role starts with a good understanding of information technology; how applications are designed, how data is stored and how applications are sending and retrieving information. You will prepare and perform test scenarios and finally, you will guide end-users (colleagues, employees, and managers) in the new way of working.
While contributing to corporate projects, you acquire knowledge of the business processes that use our people data. This drives you to raise the bar and initiate day-to-day activities to boost the quality of the master data. It all starts with the basic employee data, job and compensation structure, but it might quickly get more exciting and expand to more talent-related data.
In short, balancing the typical people-processes-technology triangle will become your expertise and you apply it in a pragmatic way to achieve team goals.
Imec’s user story
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
- You have a bachelor or master’s degree or equivalent through relevant experience.
- We are looking for your 5+ years of demonstrated experience in delivering structure in HR data through tool implementations.
- You master and incorporate principles like user stories, kanban, PDCA, Pareto and you easily join in conversations on integrations, API’s and business rules specs.
- Your knowledge of SAP Successfactors or Cornerstone is a benefit and we value your experience with mass-actions or uploads to keep data up to date.
- You are result-driven, reliable, and proud of your work.
- Pro-active and accurate is how people would describe you.
- Complex problem? You say bring it on!
- Bringing structure and documenting your work goes natural for you.
- You have a customer-oriented mindset and master good communication skills; not only by active listening but also by sharing your insights in a professional way in English.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.