ASIC Test Engineer
Test Engineer for industrialization of new products
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
For more than 25 years, imec has been offering a prototype and production service to worldwide companies. Imec helps the customers to design their integrated circuits (chips) and bring them from the prototype to the production phase. Imec provides specialized technical advice and services on design level, assembly, and test. Our list of customers includes more than 900 universities and companies worldwide. For the further extension of these imec services, we are looking for a highly motivated engineer.
Imec.IC-link, as part of imec, has an extensive industrial experience, contacts with leading industrial foundries, and long-standing relationships with all the main EDA tool vendors and IP providers. This unit supports worldwide customers in the layout, prototype, fabrication, and test of advanced electronic products.
As a Test Engineer for integrated circuit (ASIC) test solutions within imec.IC-link, you act as the technical support interface between our international customers and test partners. You take up responsibility for all the technical aspects of the test solution, including characterization and qualification of our customer’s integrated circuits.
You will be responsible for:
- The definition and overall planning of the work packages of the different project stages, together with the project manager.
- Setting up the ASIC test solution with the test house.
- Organizing radiation test campaigns for space products.
- Discussing the ASIC prototype-to-production volume ramp plan with the customer including characterization & qualification.
- Organizing volume production after the volume ramp phase. You propose cost improvement plans such as yield improvement plans, multi-site test solutions and different packaging options together with the customer and test house.
- Yield analysis of the volume production.
You will attend regular training courses to master the newest technologies related to the most advanced packaging and test methods.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in Electronics, preferably with 2 to 7 years of relevant experience in the areas of mixed signal and/or RF test solutions.
- Know how in the field of automotive or medical qualification flows is an asset.
- You have experience in project-based work.
- You are pro-active and customer-focused.
- You like to take initiatives and are very motivated to work within a team of engineers.
- Good knowledge of English is mandatory.
- You are willing to travel on a regular basis (1 week/month) to our sub-contractors.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.